Mini Thread Crochet Christmas Stocking Pattern Work Up and Review


This mini thread crochet Christmas stocking pattern is a fun holiday project that works up quickly.  The stocking itself will look great on the tree!

And you could easily make up enough to embellish presents, give as gifts, or for an ornament exchange.

The pattern calls for Bernat crochet thread.  I didn't have that and typically try to use what I have on hand - which was a few balls of size 10 crochet thread.

So I decided to go with it.

I chose a denim blue and sage green color combo (again, because I had that on hand.)

This is another easy pattern full of single crochets and double crochets; no special stitches.  Like most other stocking patterns, you start by working rounds of single crochet in a ring.  The lacy look is created with double crochets and chain spaces.

It might be a little tricky at the heel, where you change colors and work half-rounds of single crochet, then change color again.  Here, you have to kind of eyeball stitch placement on the heel, which isn't too hard.  I had to frog (a.k.a. undo) my work a little, but I got it figured out pretty quickly.



Other than that, I don't see any other areas that could pose a challenge.

In place of a cuff, you simply work a few rounds of single crochet, which looks very clean and matches the toe and heel.

You finish off the mini Christmas stocking by adding a small hanger on the inside just below the edging.

I did this project in a couple evenings but you could easily work this up all in one day/evening if you have the time and inclination. My schedule just didn't allow for that.


I'm such a fan of thread crochet.  You can create some really "WOW!" projects and I think this is one of them.  It's not fancy or anything, but it's lacy and looks intricate - I kind of love that about this project! 

You can get the free pattern here when you're ready to give it a try, then show off your work on my Facebook page!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...