For the Love of All Things Disney...and Crochet!


Like crochet, Disney has always been a huge part of my life.  I grew up in Southern California, not far from Disneyland.  My mom ended up working at Disneyland for years - my sister, too - and so I got to experience the theme park a lot.  Way back when before it was a resort and when tickets were, like, $35 bucks!

I went with friends and family pretty often when I was growing up and thankfully, I've been blessed with being able to take my son a few times, too.

These photos were taken on our trip to Disneyland to celebrate my son's 5th birthday.  Memories!



I grew up collecting Disney toys and movies (on VHS!) and reading all kinds of books having to do with Disney.

I still collect Disney stuff, but now I try to find practical things I can actually use.  Like this coffee mug I just got from the Wonderground Gallery at Downtown Disney.



And this purse I picked up from the Paradise Pier Hotel gift shop...look at that print!  



Funny story about that...I found it months ago at the Disneyland Hotel, but didn't purchase it.  At the same time, I found a sterling silver necklace that spelled out "Magic" and had a crystal Mickey head accent.

I didn't purchase that, either.

I immediately regretted the decision and spent months visiting Downtown Disney to find my goodies, only to come up with bupkis.

Then on my last visit, one amazing Cast Member did some detective work and found my necklace; and the purse was in the same shop!

I was - and am - a MEGA fan.

Talk about geeking out on stuff...I can't wait to hear all about the newest theme park gossip or to see the newest film.  I soak it all up.

And I'm not the only one, as evidenced by the numerous individuals who are in my Facebook fan groups.  Yep, I'm a total fan girl!

So I got to thinking...what kind of stuff is out there for the Disney fan who loves to crochet?  And I found some really cool stuff that I can't wait to share with you!

I'm not giving anything away just yet, but talk about cool gifts - I know I would love to receive these!

So be sure you're following me on Pinterest and Facebook - I'll be sharing blog updates soon.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...